Thursday, July 31, 2014

Heavy Q&A : Maxwell Paternoster

Whenever I am blasting up my street, every couple of weeks (or days, depending on what I'm working on) something catches my eye from afar. Usually it's a little brown box. As I get closer and closer I see something on it. "Yep - that's the one from Lowbrow."

If you've ever had the pleasure of ordering stuff from Lowbrow Customs you've probably saved the box because... well they are covered in some cool fuckin' illustrations. The gentleman behind those wacky and wild creations is none other than UK based artist and 2 wheeled maniac, Maxwell Paternoster. Open your mind and just let it hurt for a while. It feels good.
















1. Age, location, least favorite marine animal. etc.
37, London, Turtle

2. Pen or Paint?
 Both!

3. Do your drawings happen spontaneously, or do you have a clear idea of what you're going to do before you do it?
 Depends on the situation!

4. Do you prefer to pack light, or be prepared for anything?
Prepared for anything

5. Most epic bicycle crash as a kid..
 Head on collision with another bmx

6. What do you listen to while you work - silence? 2 stroke motor noises on repeat? the germs?
Classical music yea

7. The best motorcycle ever made: 
 I am not sure what to say to this one ha ha ha

8. What type of lid are you doing for the show? Any hints, clues or sneak peaks of the work in progress?
Gosh I haven't decided yet!! ha


Thanks for answering our questions, Maxwell! It made me feel like I was in a mid 90's chat room all over again.

NOW ENJOY THIS VIDEO OF MAXWELL SHREDDING, PAINTING AND LEAFING. SICK!!!!



Ruby X Corpses From Hell from Richard Baybutt on Vimeo.


-ZK

1 comment: